Thursday, May 5, 2011

A legend in my own mind, lonely in my heart

When I was younger, I always thought that before I died I wanted stories to tell. Tales of excitement and spontaneity. When I came of age I dove into this idea with reckless abandon. I was attracted to people whose stories grew as they told them. Stories filled with drama, lust,and a dash of irrational behavior, sometimes more. Stories that ended in laughter and/or tears. I was drawn to these people like they were the blinking lights on the Las Vegas boulevard. I wanted to live their lives and soon I was. I always thought that it was important to have a story to tell but looking back the only thing I truly remember feeling was alone despite the people I surrounded myself with. Lord, I ask that you pull me back when I put on my rose colored glasses and look back. When I reinvent what happened and imagine myself as a legend. Help me to not glorify the past but let me see the consequences. Keep me in the here and now, where there is no drama but only the peace that is your love. Your legend is the only one I need today.

No comments:

Post a Comment